Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Whats In This For Me?

The NY Times is running a piece on how low taxes are right now and am just not buying it. The writer is throwing the Republican candidates under the bus, however, from my point of view, its deeper than that.

I don't know who is getting the breaks, but it’s not me and my middle class salary. I feel that I am paying more and more while reaping fewer and fewer benefits. I don't really care to continue picking up the tab so that Goldman Sachs bankers can borrow money at 0% and make 10% on it so that at the end of the year they can take home 6 or 7 figure bonuses. I don't really care to continue to pick up the tab so that my neighbors can keep their overpriced ill financed homes. I don't really care to continue to pick up the tab so that Obama, Bernake and Turbo Tax Timmy can keep their jobs for another 4 years.

What’s in this for me? Selfish? Perhaps. Absurd? Not in the slightest bit.

No comments: