Monday, June 22, 2009

An Ounce of Common Courtsey Please?

So, I sent my Senator an email, expressing my rage at one of his potential votes. I used what he called a 3rd party website to send the email and this is the response that I got.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that your message was sent through an outside third party website, I will not be sending a detailed response. If you would like to receive a response, I would encourage you to visit my website at http://webb.senate.gov. By visiting my website directly, Virginians can request regular updates about my activities and positions on matters that are important to Virginia and our nation.
So, I went to his website, explained my position on the subject in a short email that used no big words and I closed by stating that I had emailed him previously and that I would be expecting a detailed and hopefully personal response. This is what I got back from Senator Webb.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If this looks like nothing, your seeing exactly what I got from Senator Webb and his staff. Nothing, which is roughly the odds that I will be voting for him when his job is up for reelection. As a pragmatic voter, I cross party lines voting for him in the last election, but I will not be making that mistake again.

Essentially what the man said to me was this ... I don't like getting spammed with messages that I don't like, so F you tax paying constituent. I don't like your message or view, but rather than just say that, I'll make your message appear unimportant because of the means of delivery. So, in response, I gave him what he asked for, a concise message submitted in a one off format. His response was nonexistent, because he couldn't find a logical or intelligent way to rebut my message. Thanks Senator Webb, I really enjoy paying you and your staff to not serve me. I look forward to voting you back to having to work for a living.

No comments: